Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Days to Die Season 01 Episode 04 "The Wolf"

Season 1, Episode 4

Okay folks, the new video is live at YouTube!!! It's about 41 minutes in duration. If figured you all like the longer content where I drone on and on about my choices during the game. Let me know. Anyway, during the first two minutes of the video, I ask your thoughts on what a future 7 Days to Die series might be. I proposed a "DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON" series where I spawn in with some of the same equipment from the series. Respond below with what you think the main character of a DBDA series should spawn in with and what might be the condition of the game. Vote below (multiple choice allowed) on some options and also comment with anything you want that's not in the options below.
    Spawn in with suppressed MP5, Night Vision, Military Clothing, and one automated turret
    100.00%
    Character not allowed to make a base until he finds a military base and stays there
    0%
    Character allowed to make a base if depicted in DBDA series
    100.00%
    Permadeath a must
    50.00%
    No Permadeath!
    25.00%
    Spawn in naked (no gear) like the first series
    0%
    Make all zombies sprinters day and night
    0%
    Keep zombies like they are in current series (run at night)
    50.00%

This is going to be awesome. Is there a way to have zombies be normal except for a small percent that are stronger to represent the talented 10th?

Comment

That’s already a thing in the game. You just haven’t seen me run into them yet.

Comment

I meant to vote for permadeath as well. Can't wait for the video.

Comment

I say one resurrection ala Grey Fox

Comment

I've got an idea. Perhaps invite a player or two for an episode and treat them as an encounter in the DBDA universe. Either you can spy on them, take them out, or they can join you with a quick loot trip or something. It shouldn't be just a simple play with the author, but rather a genuine, unscripted role play situation to accomplish a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              I've got an idea. Perhaps invite a player or two for an episode and treat them as an encounter in the DBDA universe. Either you can spy on them, take them out, or they can join you with a quick loot trip or something. It shouldn't be just a simple play with the author, but rather a genuine, unscripted role play situation to accomplish a goal.
              That's a great idea. How does it work when I don't have a server? My guest player can only be in the world if I'm logged in since I don't have a server, correct?

Comment

How does interaction with NPC’s work? Besides the vendor. Are there NPC’s?

Comment

Now I have to upgrade my PC

Comment

Originally posted by JLBourne View Post

That's a great idea. How does it work when I don't have a server? My guest player can only be in the world if I'm logged in since I don't have a server, correct?
                    When you start a new game you have the option to make your game public (and set how many players can join). I would run a test. Create a room, make it public and set a password. I would invite 2 friends / players and see what the performance is like. When you are playing is the only time someone can join, if they know the password.

If the performance is not the best then you will need a dedicated server.

I've got a few servers running 24/7 and can easily set one up for you. I'll let it run as long as you need, give you admin access and that would probably be the best bet.
                    Last edited by Blackbeard; 11-26-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

When you start a new game you have the option to make your game public (and set how many players can join). I would run a test. Create a room, make it public and set a password. I would invite 2 friends / players and see what the performance is like. When you are playing is the only time someone can join, if they know the password.

If the performance is not the best then you will need a dedicated server.

I've got a few servers running 24/7 and can easily set one up for you. I'll let it run as long as you need, give you admin access and that would probably be the best bet.
                      To add a twist, you as the server owner could role play as a “remote 6” type entity providing intelligence to the players via short text burst (email).

we could databurst your entity asking for intel on the coords for the closest city or military base.

might be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JLBourne View Post

To add a twist, you as the server owner could role play as a “remote 6” type entity providing intelligence to the players via short text burst (email).

we could databurst your entity asking for intel on the coords for the closest city or military base.

might be cool.
                        Very cool! Never though of that. There are a ton of features I can use via server manager to paradrop supplies, vehicles & hordes. I'm gonna run some tests in the next few days and see what works best. Damn.. I can not believe that I did not think of that!

Comment

Working...
                        X