Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver

Im getting back in to buying silver as a hedge so where do you guys buy your silver?

Places I have found that sell silver, one dealt with any of them?

https://www.rarekoin.com/shop

https://www.ebay.com/b/Silver-Bullion/39487/bn_1642127

Comment

The only silver I have is a couple hundred dollars worth of half dollars that a snobby rich guy at the bank traded in for twenties. I explained that they had significant value and he couldn't be bothered do I've been sitting on them. Have a few 90% but most are 60%. I have a few other odds and ends of rare coins from being a personal banker but other than that I don't have anything. I was thinking of getting some bars but honestly don't even know where to start.

But I might need a 1 gold piece Glock sometime. Maybe a 3 gold piece 1911.

Comment

Im going to buy a little each week and I think ill start with some ebay junk silver dimes

Comment

so I just bought these

John Wick Silver round FTW
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Wick-C...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-5-90...72.m2749.l2649

Comment

Is there any way to check if it is really .999 silver? Or if it's silver in general? Not trying to be a negative Nancy but eBay has always sketched me out and I don't know enough about silver to know if it's real or if its silver plated and heavy enough to pass for silver.

Comment

Make sure you buy from reputable dealers

Comment

Please forgive me if this sounds disrespectful, but I've never understood the importance of buying silver or gold as a hedge against something apocalyptic. If the economy collapses, what good does it do to have a horde of silver or gold? You can't cash it in. The only thing you can do is try to carry it around and barter with it, and at that point, other commodities would hold more value than a handful of rocks. The only precious metal that I can see increasing in any kind of practical value in an apocalypse is ammunition.

Comment

I have 50-60 ounces of silver that my Grandma left me. I have no plans to sell it or buy more. I perfer to buy and horde ammo, reloading components, tools, materials and other preps. Silver and gold is hard to sell quickly and in large amounts but it will always be worth something.

Comment

Get mine at APMEX

Comment

Originally posted by JLBourne View Post
                      Get mine at APMEX
                      Same. Though I wish their packaging was a bit more discrete.

Comment

I do buy the occasional ounce of silver here and there. Sometimes I stumble over ounces that were labled "Recycling silver". Due to the fact that they are sold by trustworthy retailers I dont have any reason to believe that they are not 99,99$% silver. But they are usally About 30% cheaper than the "not Recycling silver" ounces.

If you test and measure them - they are o.k.

Question:
                        If you were a farmer and anyone Comes for trading: Would you value the Recycling ounces same as the "not Recycling ounces". Basically they are the fcking same. But somehow they feel second class silver I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mironesco View Post
                          Question:
                          If you were a farmer and anyone Comes for trading: Would you value the Recycling ounces same as the "not Recycling ounces". Basically they are the fcking same. But somehow they feel second class silver I think.
                          The problem with trading silver for goods is the lack of trust. Most people don't know jack about silver. The seller is taking a risk that the buyer isn't trying to screw him over with fake silver. Having coins that are easier to identify makes the trade easier. Silver eagles will always be worth more than junk silver.

Comment

Working...
                          X